The Traffic Marshal plays a critical role in attaining Tatu City’s vision of remaining as the safest City in Africa. The following are the key responsibilities for the traffic marshal:
- Direct road traffic and ensure safe and seamless movement of vehicles, pedestrians, and materials within Tatu City.
- Ensure that all vehicles, drivers, and pedestrians within Tatu City adhere to all Kenyan and Tatu City internal road safety and road use regulations.
- Direct traffic to other lanes or routes whenever there is a breakdown or any other obstacle that may hinder the smooth flow of traffic in a particular lane or route.
- Ensure that all vehicles within Tatu City are parked in an orderly manner and in authorized parking locations or bays.
- Arrange and ensure that all access control barriers are in place and report any damage to existing barriers to City Management for repairs or replacement.
- Provide additional eyes for City security surveillance.
- Ensure all road use and parking fees; fines and penalties levied to traffic offenders within Tatu City are paid promptly.
- Submit daily traffic reports to the Road Safety Manager.
- Conducts visitor road safety briefings and public awareness campaigns within Tatu City on the importance of road safety.
- Preform any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager or senior management.
Hard skills and experience:
- At least KCSE certificate. Candidates with traffic marshal training are highly encouraged to apply.
- Proven work experience as a Traffic Marshall or Traffic Warden.
- Applicants should be Kenyan citizens and with a good understanding of Kenyan traffic regulations.
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid Kenyan motorbike cycling license.
- Applicants should have a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service.
- Applicants must have no prior criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit.
Closing: 31 March 2023
Method of Application
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to the mail atached to each position by clearly indicating the position on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Send your application to Trafficmarshal@tatucity.com