This role will report to the Head of Tax and the role will encompass handling quarterly and annual Tax reporting, Tax accounting, supervise Tax compliance obligations including transfer pricing documentation, assisting the local entities with their Tax audits and keeping up-to-date with global legislation which directly or indirectly affects the Jumia group.
What you will be doing:
- Operate as a key business partner to provide high quality tax compliance and reporting services for the Jumia group;
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and group policies;
- Manage group tax reporting and automation processes in terms of current and deferred tax assessment, ETR and accounting under IFRS;
- Take an active role within the central tax team in the assessment, documentation and reporting of group uncertain tax positions;
- Review income tax returns and, more generally, supervise and be accountable for the compliance with filing obligations for direct and indirect taxes, including transfer pricing;
- Support and coordinate tax audits. Manage external tax service providers and coordinate the preparation of the materials to ensure the Jumia interests are well represented;
- Contribute to tax compliance automation projects.
What we are looking for:
- Background in Economics/Business Management/Law/Accounting;
- 2/3 years of experience with exposure to a broad range of Tax issues in international Tax law, contracts, Tax audits management, Tax reporting, financing in an international environment;
- Experience within the e-commerce sector would be a plus;
- Detail-oriented mindset;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Passion for making things happen and getting excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex Tax problems;
- Fluent in English both verbal and written;
- Previous exposure to a multinational environment is a plus.