Requirements for Appointment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Be registered with the Engineering Registration Board of Kenya (ERB);
- A current valid annual practicing license from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing, detailing and site supervision of structures in various materials and forms of construction;
- Liaising with architects and other agencies on project development;
- checking and monitoring projects designed by consulting engineers and control of engineers and structural assistants working in the specific project.
- supervising of structural, civil and Drainage works prepared by the Department and consulting engineers; and
- Enforcing specifications, compliance with engineers’ drawings, conditions of contract, quality control, approval and measurement of completed works, progress reports and guidance of Roads engineers on all technical aspects of the work.