We are looking for a candidate who is able to assemble, operate and maintain the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the acoustics of the performance area and assemble and operate the necessary equipment
- Consult with producers and presenters to determine the sound requirements
- Select, position, adjust and operate the equipment used for amplification and recording
- Apply technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve the determined artistic objectives
- Record sound onto digital audio tape or hard disk recorders
- Monitor audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
- Anticipate and correct any sound related problems
- Maintain and repair sound equipment.
- Have studied Sound Engineering or a related field
- Have at least two years of experience doing sound
- Have knowledge in electronics and sound acoustics
- Demonstrate ability to handle sound for both radio and TV
- Have a good sense of pitch, rhythm, and be able to distinguish sound quality
- Be versatile in using sound softwares and be able to use audio equipment
- Be a team player, flexible, work long hours and excel under pressure
- Have a crazy passion for media work
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the job title “Sound Engineer” as the email subject. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.