Reporting to Senior Manager Solutions Architecture, the job holder will be responsible for developing solution designs and specifications, reviews, recommendations, and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes.
The holder of this position leverages their profound knowledge of available technologies to recommend the best solution according to the documented requirements and existing environment. The key deliverable of this role is to provide a set of technological solutions and the strategy of their implementation while minimizing technical debt.
- Analyzing enterprise specifics – Facilitate the identification and analysis of the Bank’s business drivers to deliver enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Analyzing and documenting requirements- Elicit business requirements using interviews, analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Setting the collaboration framework- Liaise with the Business subject matter experts in the development of business architectural framework developing a clear roadmap of Business solutions.
- Analyzing the technology environment- Provide an analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement vis a vis information technology systems enhancement.
- Controlling solution development-Participate in solution developments to ensure technical and business requirements are adhered to.
- Supporting project management- Provide architectural oversight of projects and ensure that requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Leverage’s business capabilities as a platform for illustrating the link between business needs with decisions to their technology, solution, business and information architecture efforts.
- Translates strategic initiatives into delivery-focused change initiatives, while translating business processes and issues into effective conceptual and logical models.
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents.
- Ability to independently facilitate discussions with groups of diverse stakeholders and manage the flow of conversation while driving to meet business objectives.
- Ability to independently manage conflict among diverse cross portfolio stakeholders related to competing interests and requirements. Able to help stakeholders objectively examine real needs versus wants and ways to collaborate to achieve win/win resolutions.
- Develop and guide adoption of design patterns with a view of standardizing solution components built for the enterprise.
- Participate, guide and support quality assurance team in planning and execution of performance testing and other non-functional tests.
- Lead in all round capacity management for current and future solutions.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- Professional qualifications in the following list will be added advantage: CBAP, TOGAF, ITIL Foundation, Design Thinking and Innovation, PRINCE II/PMP/MSP/SMC/CSM/PMI-ACP.
- 7 years technical experience.
- 5 years’ experience in at least two IT disciplines such as (business architecture, application architecture, application development, middleware, microservices and Service Oriented Architecture).
- Prior working experience with a formal enterprise architecture framework.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, cloud computing and containerization.
- Excellent understanding of software delivery processes, (DevOps) and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools, and model repositories.
- Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications on individual components and projects.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to drive adoption of solution Architecture.