Under the supervision of the Head of the Social Media Unit and the guidance of Chief of Digital Strategy, the consultant will perform the following duties
The Social Media Consultant will produce compelling and innovative content designed to engage the public on issues relevant to UNEP’s mandate and provide strategic guidance on how to deliver that content to various audiences.
- Draft content for posting on UNEP’s English-language social media channels;
- Track performance of all social media posts created;
- Prepare strategic social media plans for UNEP and issue-based initiatives;
- Coordinate social media support to UNEP campaigns;
- Coordinate social media support to UNEP scientific report launches;
- Increase visibility for UNEP digital content.
- A Bachelors degree in communications, international relations or a related field is required. Academic background in environmental science is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in social media and digital communication or related field is required.
- Experience with the United Nations system is desirable
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required.