Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, formulating strategies and identifying sources of revenue.
- Designing effective, efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue.
- Developing B1lls, policies, programs, bylaws and internal control systems that enhance own source revenue collection in the County.
- Supervising collection of own source revenue in the county.
- Implementing county policies and regulations for revenue.
- Setting up and projecting regular revenue trends for planning and decision making.
- Guiding county entities in preparation of the Finance Bill/Act.
- Organizing stakeholder sensitization forums on the provisions of the finance bill and other revenue collection bills and bylaws.
- Ensuring posting of all revenue sources in the IFMIS system.
- Preparing quarterly and annual revenue reports on all own source revenue and external sources.
- Submitting regular reports to county assembly, national treasury and commission for revenue allocation on matters of revenue collection.
- Identifying and provide baseline data on new sources of revenue.
- Maintaining records of all the revenue sources/centres, rates and revenues collected
- Championing automation of own source revenue streams in the County.
- Ensuring all own source revenue collected is accounted for and banked intact.
- Preparing the budget for the directorate.
Professional and Academic Qualifications.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance): or
- have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance) from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in Computer Application Skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution.
- Be a qualified Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA K)
- Membership of the Institute Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Must have served as an Accountant in the public or private sector for a minimum period of five (5) years, three (3) of which must be in a senior management position.
- Be conversant with the provisions of the public Finance Management Act,2012.
- Conversant with IFMIS and other revenue management accounting or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate.