Advert No: UoE/AC/B/SL/ABE/24/01/2023
Requirements for Appointment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Must have earned a Doctorate Degree or its academic equivalent from University of Eldoret or a recognized accredited institution.
- Must have at least three (3) years of teaching and/or research experience at the University level since becoming Lecturer/ Research Fellow.
- Must have a minimum of forty-eight (48) articles in refereed journals or six (6) refereed journal publications and two (2) chapters in scholarly books (22 equivalent scholarly publication points since appointment as Lecturer/Research Fellow). A patented or peer-reviewed invention (including technological outputs by staff in the applied science disciplines) will be equivalent to two (2) refereed journal publications or three (3) chapters in a University-level book.
- Must have a Master’s degree plus a minimum of five (5) years of University teaching experience after becoming a Lecturer and five (5) articles in refereed journals or a minimum of twenty-five (25) equivalent publication points since becoming a Lecturer/Research Fellow.
- Not more than two (2) articles should be in a single issue/volume of a journal.
- Must have successfully supervised three (3) postgraduate degree candidates to completion.
- Must have attended and contributed to learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
- Must show evidence of continued research and evaluated effective teaching & success in student supervision.
- Must show evidence of contribution to university life through active participation in departmental matters, students’ academic advising, School and University Meetings Committee membership and others.
- Must be recognized and registered by relevant professional bodies.
- Evidence of affiliation to at least one (1) professional body will be an added advantage.
- Must show evidence of developing fundable proposals and attracting funding.
- Reporting to the respective head of the academic department, the position requires the job holder to teach, research, supervise students, offer community service, and counsel/mentor students through the design, development and delivery of teaching materials and fundable research proposals to impart knowledge to undergraduate and University of Eldoret is ISO 9001:2015 Certified postgraduate students as well as solve societal problems and drive research in relevant trends.
Duties and Responsibilities as a Senior Lecturer amongst others will be:
- Teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Supervise undergraduate projects and other experimental learning programs.
- Supervise dissertations/theses at the graduate level.
- Develop undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Initiate, promote and participate in research projects and publish.
- Participate in academic leadership programmes.
- Provide professional and community services and initiate linkages and fundraising.
- Carry out administrative and other duties & responsibilities as may be assigned.
Apply via mail: email@example.com