Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining database standards and policies
- Supporting database design, creation, and testing activities
- Managing the database availability and performance, including incident and problem management
- Administering database objects to achieve optimum utilization
- Defining and implementing event triggers that will alert on potential database performance or integrity issues
- Performing database housekeeping, such as tuning, indexing, etc.
- Monitoring usage, transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels, etc.
- Identifying reporting, and managing database security issues, audit trails, and forensics
- Designing database backup, archiving, and storage strategy
Desired Qualities and Skills
- Good technical knowledge of databases and query languages.
- strong verbal and written communication skills, to explain to users how the database works, and to keep clear records of changes you have made.
- analytical skills.
- a logical approach to problem-solving.
- to pay attention to detail