The Senior Global Campaigner is a critical role to helps us realise this vision and build powerful campaigning for and with children. This role will lead and drive critical campaign projects across the world. It will help ensure child campaigning as a central and leading element of our global campaign; this will include supporting campaigns, communications and advocacy teams in Members and Country Offices to build their capacity to support child campaigning. You will help build and nurture partnerships with a range of movements, organisations and child and youth networks to achieve change for children.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience and interest in the development of impactful campaigns, built from the experience of using a range of campaigning and movement building tactics.
- Experience of leading and supporting child and / or youth activism; especially using a variety of tools and approaches to engage with children from diverse backgrounds
- Proven experience of mobilising public audiences to affect policy change across a range of campaigning and organising techniques and tactics.
- First class high level project management skills – ability to hold and delivery complex campaign projects independently, under pressure in a global / international context
- Natural, collaborative leadership style and ability – ability to lead, convene and inspire in a complex networked organisation across a range of cultures
- Understanding of the external campaigning landscape, including in global political contexts.
- First class communication skills: the ability to communicate complex information verbally and in writing in a clear, simple way to wider staff, partners and campaigns audiences
- Experience and passion for nurturing, developing and supporting relationships with external networks and organisations to deliver campaigning impact
- Experience of developing and delivering campaign trainings and capacity building programmes directly as well as with / through colleagues
- Passionate commitment to supporting children to campaign; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with children of all backgrounds / ages and to ‘see the world through a child’s eyes’;
- Creative flare, with experience of a range of campaigning techniques and approaches; with strong digital literacy in approaches to inspiring change
- Passion for and ability to work effectively in a diverse global organisation
- Understanding of and commitment to Save the Children’s values and ways of working
- Ability to operate within a predominantly self-servicing administrative environment.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, French and / or Arabic an advantage
- Strong experience in public engagement and mobilisation through digital approaches and tactics
- Experience of overseeing campaign contributions from a range of functional experts (advocacy, comms etc) including matrix management of staffed in dispersed team.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully using insights and data into public behaviour and attitudes to shape campaigning strategies.