The Security officer will provide support to the SA in the Management and implementation of safety and security operations in Action Against Hunger- HEAR and ensure process integrity in all areas including Risk identification, Risk Transfer , Data Management, reporting production and security plans documentation.
The Security officer will closely collaborate with Security Advisor for technical guidance. He/she will interact with Action Against Hunger Country Access Focal points at Regional level and with external stakeholders as guided by the Security Advisor.
Consistently identify, collect, update and delivery of timely and quality security support, information to ACF Countries and other stakeholders using established processes and tools.
Essential job roles:
Risk and Security management
- Security management planning and compliance by providing technical support on Security plans , procedures, guidelines, and planning for staff safety, across all Action Against Hunger sites in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Somalia, Tanzania, Zambia, South Sudan and Haiti
- Developing and reviewing security plans context risk ratings, Country Security Guide, Incident Management Manual, Medical Emergency Protocol, Specific Contingency Plan, Constant Companion, Actor Analysis, Local Standard Operating Procedures [LSOP], Hibernation and Evacuation Plan, MOSS, MSS Score and Assessment Audit Tool) for each country and Bases Quarterly
- Threat and Risk Assessment by supporting Security Advisor gain security risk identifications news of bases and provide suitable mitigation measures that align with organizational and Global security risk-management standards and requirements
- Conducting security risk assessments for ACF contracted offices, residences, and Hotels as guided by Security Advisor.
- Ensuring that infrastructure designs include Access Controls Systems, CCTV cameras, Alarm systems, fire systems, Physical Guard Forces, and Security Procedures according to ACF SRCM Standards.
- Ensuring country security focal points are preparing and sharing accurate metric information and that Security Officer is producing quarterly Metric reports on the same and ensuring data consistency and reporting into global dashboards
- Developing and implementing strategies and plans that promote occupational safety practices within the organization.
Training and Capacity building
- Identifying Safety and security capacity needs and developing contextualized and adapted training and development plans for each country
- Providing in-depth security inductions and briefing for new staff upon arrival and additional briefings for all staff upon major shifts in the security context.
- Complete ACF New Hires Online Security Courses design and that it is followed by all staff
- Support all ACF Security projects as guided by the Security Advisor
Reporting, Documentation and Networking
- Generating weekly and monthly and quarterly metrics and activity reports on security, new threats, responses, and vulnerabilities
- Ensuring all Action Against Hunger safety and Security documents are documented on NHF
The Field Coordinator will provide strategic and operational leadership to overall technical and programmatic quality in intervention, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including a detailed implementation plan, monitoring plan, and report. He/she will be responsible for budget management, reporting, and management of the team, implementing the project, and the overall management of the security at the field and regional level.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
- Foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
- Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures..
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Education: University Degree in security Management , Protection or Safeguarding and any other related Risk Management and compliance course
- Experience: Minimum 2 Years and above of hands on experience in security or related safety field of work is required. Prior experience with managing security plans and security risk assessment docs and or an INGO security support is desirable.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian principles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and hierarchy is of key importance.
- Detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of host Kenya and regional Horn of Africa country safety and security protocols is desirable;
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
- Experience in INGO field security and protection is desirable;
- Solid computers skills (NHF, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger International on jobs.workable.com to apply