Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol plant/ premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, perimeter wall and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when the switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Escort individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- High School Certificate (KCSE),
- Diploma in a security-related course
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience of working as a Security Guard.
- Police Good Conduct. Personal Skills and qualities
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results