Canonical is seeking a Financial Accountant to join its team. As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting in the month-end reporting process, revenue recognition, audit process, and preparing for an IPO. You will also be expected to monitor compliance, share knowledge with team members, and develop your own skills to stay up-to-date with applicable standards and regulations.
- Assist in the month-end reporting process to deliver timely and accurate information.
- Have full responsibility for a part of the revenue recognition process relevant to your strengths.
- Assist with the year-end audit process and statutory reporting.
- Support the finance team’s wider plans to prepare for an IPO.
- Improve the efficiency of financial processes and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Share knowledge between team members to ensure cover is available when needed.
- Actively develop your own skills to ensure current knowledge of applicable standards and regulations.
- Establish strong relationships with key colleagues outside the wider finance team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional academic track record and subsequent career performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, ACMA, CPA, etc.).
- IFRS 15/ASC 606 revenue recognition experience.
- Experience at a large public accounting firm, or public multinational corporate accounting department preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar experience a plus.
What Canonical Offers:
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Annual compensation review.
- Recognition rewards.
- Annual leave.
- Priority Pass for travel.
If you meet the qualifications and have the required experience, please apply through the Canonical website.