The Relationship Officer Credit – Pamoja Banking sector will support the business to achieve its objectives at the branch level. He/she is responsible for all group lending activities at the branch level. The Relationship Officer Credit – Pamoja Banking sector will report to Branch Business Growth & Development Manager. He /She will manage and coordinate all the group’s activities / operations under him/her to ensure Sector goals (Growth and Quality) and objectives are achieved.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Drive growth of high quality portfolio in specific branch/business unit.
- Sales & marketing of the Sector products
- Recruitment, intake and training of groups
- Setting of groups structures, records and training of group officials.
- Impactiful presence during weekly or monthly group meetings,
- Appraisal of loans recommended and guranteed by the groups members
- Participate in approval of group loans
- Initiate group loans in IGLS
- Posting of savings,loans, registration and passbook payments in IGLS
- Participate in data clean up of exited, dormant/idle customers from IGLS
- Participate in formulation of the Sector strategy and ensures its full implementation.
- Ensure implementation of Group Lending policies and procedures
- Participate in development of Sector Products and reviews based on market needs,
- Actualise Sector Partnerships objectives and align to the Sector objectives,
- Liaison with various Sector internal and external Stakeholders in the branch environment,
- Coaching, Mentoring and hand holding the New Relationship officers,,
- Doing any other duties as may be assigned by the Business Growth & Development Manager or Other line managers.
- Excellent understanding of micro customers. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Guides and transfers knowledge to his/ her team members.
Key Critical Competencies
- Mature personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated conflicts resolution skills
- Strong training /coaching skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Self-Driven, an eye for detail and capacity to meet strict deadlines while working under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Culture sensitive
- Individual Leadership skills, Excellent Planning and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility and an ability to change focus areas when needed
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in business related course.
- Overall C+ in KCSE and C+ in mathematics
- Experience in micro finance industry is an added advantage.
- Experienced in project management; Monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy with high command in Microsoft suite.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Knowledge of and fluent spoken Kiswahili , English and at least 1 Kenyans native language
Closing: Mar 1, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya on equitybank.taleo.net to apply