Project Overview and Role:
PROPEL Health is a follow-on project for Health Policy Plus (HP+) and it’s predecessor Health Policy Project (HPP). In Kenya, the predecessor projects have supported the government of Kenya to strengthen devolution and intergovernmental relations, engagements with public and private sectors for improved domestic resource mobilization, evidence generation and use, to inform health financing reforms, budget advocacy and programmatic decisions. In the last 10 years, the predecessor projects strengthened the capacity of Counties and National Ministry of Health in public finance management and advocacy resulting in increased government investments in health.
PROPEL Health Kenya will build on previous engagements with the Kenya government under its predecessor projects, and leverage their accumulated knowledge and lessons learned in sustainable financing to effectively support the government. PROPEL Health Kenya has a local team and has built scalable partnerships with local institutions as well as regional bodies whose capacity/resources can be leveraged to advance the agenda on sustainable financing for health.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess health finance impact and other related health financing studies to improve access to key financial information to determine feasibility and sustainability of scaling up health finance interventions.
- Design and implement technical activities related to health finance policy in Kenya.
- Engages stakeholders and local actors to ensure strong, consultative approach to health financing efforts and decision making.
- Stays abreast of key developments in health finance and resource allocation innovations and interventions in Kenya and more broadly in East Africa, to inform technical support activities under the PROPEL Health Kenya Field Program and other projects. This includes frequent interaction with the Government of Kenya stakeholders at the national and county levels relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Helps others on matters related to topic area of health financing related to research and evaluation and applies relevant methodologies to programmatic issues of importance.
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the health financing area in Kenyan and regional forums, as well as with others in the professional community and in countries of collaboration independent of technical supervision.
- Prepare analytical work that informs health financing decisions.
- Provide technical assistance to the team on matters health care financing and PFM
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: BA in health policy, public health, Statistics, Health Economics or relevant field; at least 8 years relevant work experience, or related field or equivalent experience OR 6 years’ experience with at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field. PhD degree will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
The Senior Technical Advisor Health Financing will serve as a key member of the project team, providing support for implementation of project activities. Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Advisor Health Financing will encompass technical, project management, operational, research, and communication tasks. Potential responsibilities include:
- Working closely with both in-person and virtual teams to achieve shared objectives. This will include other technical team members in Kenya, PROPEL Health partners, and the global Technical Leadership Team for PROPEL Health to ensure application of high-quality Health financing strategies, tools, and curricula.
- Lead development and implementation of policy tools, approaches, and curricula to achieve PROPEL Health Kenya objectives.
- Experience leading or providing support to support the implementation of high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities (e.g., developing and or monitoring theories of change and conducting outcome harvesting)
- Produce and/or edit a variety of documents including briefing materials, meeting notes, presentation slides, research briefs, and reports for a variety of stakeholders (such as funders, implementing partners, external audiences)
- Proven experience facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Support project teams with the development and production of highly polished presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on key topics of interest.
- Contribute to the development of administrative policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
- Experience managing and monitoring the execution of deliverables through collaboration with implementing teams, funders, and other technical partners.
- Fluency in English is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium International on palladium.csod.com to apply