The Senior Program Officer contributes to the PROPEL Health project by providing a combination of administrative, logistical, and technical support to senior technical program staff to ensure the successful implementation of project activities. The Senior Program Officer reports to the Technical Advisors but will also support other technical staff in the office who are responsible for directing other components of PROPEL Health’s work as needed
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technical staff to support the planning and organizing of meetings, workshops, and trainings related to PROPEL Health’s activities, including drafting invitation lists and letters and following up with participant RSVPs.
- Support technical materials production, including estimating quantities for workshops, compiling info packets etc.;
- Support technical staff in developing technical content for meetings, such as drafting agendas and presentations and participate in actual coordination and implementation of the meetings/activities;
- Take meeting minutes at weekly and bi-weekly team meetings and other technical meetings as required;
- Circulate these minutes to relevant staff in a timely manner and document follow up or outstanding items for subsequent meetings;
- Support project documentation by taking activity notes (notes to file), interviewing technical staff, and submitting to HQ for reporting purposes and capturing project successes;
- Initiate and coordinate inputs for bi-weekly activity trackers according to schedule and ensure team calendar is up to date. Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure all Ops issues are incorporated, and with the technical team/project director to ensure all program activities are accurate;
- Assist with activity planning (e.g., timelines, tasks) and provide inputs for the development of budgets for programmatic activities. Collaborate with finance staff on procurement and spending projections;
- Support Technical Advisors in preparing creative briefs, workshop/ meeting agendas, activity reports;
- Work with Technical Advisors in data collection and analysis including DHIS 2 data analysis;
- Identifying areas of success and support with drafting success stories and nuggets;
- Represent PROPEL Health in meetings with partners and stakeholders if requested;
- Work with the PROPEL Health Technical leads to provide inputs for draft quarterly, semi-annual, and annual activity reports and success stories to showcase PROPEL Health Kenya work;
- Work with the PROPEL Health headquarters team as needed to provide updates on activity implementation and documentation of activities and results;
- Work with other PROPEL Health Kenya team members on capacity development through the design and development of PROPEL Health workshops and trainings in the areas of family planning policy, population and development, youth activities, and other portfolios. This may include supporting colleagues with logistical arrangements and delivery of trainings;
- Contribute to the PROPEL Health Kenya FP and P&D portfolio supporting technical team leads and senior staff and consultants under various Program areas including data collection and analysis, support to modelling processes, providing technical assistance to GOK counterparts in strategy implementation and monitoring;
- Work with senior staff and/or consultants to engage with GOK counterparts and relevant multi- sectoral technical working groups to enhance information sharing, collaboration, and advocacy.
- Education: BA in health policy, public health, Statistics, Health Economics or relevant field; at least 4 years relevant work experience, or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
The Senior Program Officer will serve as a key member of the project team, providing support for implementation of project activities. Responsibilities of the SPO will encompass administrative, project management, operational, research, and communication tasks. Potential responsibilities include:
- Provide support on a range of administrative/operational tasks including developing contracts; budget and expenditure tracking; invoice processing; organizing meetings and workshops; monitoring workplans; liaising with project stakeholders; and supporting the recruitment of staff and consultants.
- Support the implementation of high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities (e.g., developing and or monitoring theories of change and conducting outcome harvesting)
- Produce and/or edit a variety of documents including briefing materials, meeting notes, presentation slides, research briefs, and reports for a variety of stakeholders (such as funders, implementing partners, external audiences)Facilitate meetings.
- Support project teams with the development and production of highly polished presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on key topics of interest.
- Contribute to the development of administrative policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
- Monitor and facilitate the execution of deliverables through collaboration with implementing teams, funders, and other technical partners.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium International on palladium.csod.com to apply