- Manage a portfolio of projects and programmes and follow up on Swedish funded projects by, inter alia: contribute to the programming, identification, formulation, appraisal, implementation and evaluation of projects and programmes in the areas of agriculture, trade, cooperatives, MSMEs within the theme of inclusive economic development;
- Support policy dialogue with relevant Government of Kenya ministries, development agencies, donors and relevant stakeholders in the sector, including drafting briefings, participating in technical and sectoral meetings, and drafting reports;
- Approving funding applications including budgets; preparing decisions/contracts and agreements; reviewing and approving narrative, financial and audit reports and proposing corrective actions when needed;
- Contribute to relevant sector (agriculture, trade, cooperatives, MSMEs) analysis and active follow-up of policy and strategy developments;
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting Terms of Reference, launching tenders, etc.);
- Contribute to all aspects of communication and visibility including: summarize and disseminate programme results; sharing of best practices at conferences and events, contribute to the production of publications and social media posts, draft and deliver speeches, etc.
- Represent the Embassy of Sweden and actively participate in co-ordination for a program reviews, technical discussions, and field visits;
- Build relationships and develop networks through interaction and continuous dialogue with Government of Kenya, relevant bilateral, multilateral, and sectoral actors
- A Masters degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Extension, Food Security, Environment, or any other related Discipline;
- Previous experience in Development arena working with, Agriculture development (policy, legal, regulatory, value chains, accelerator programmes, business development, advocacy), resilience and livelihoods building, agriculture and private sector development or related areas.
- Knowledge of Kenyan institutional structures, policy, and legal framework, key actors, development strategies for agriculture sector and linkages to trade, food security, financial services, private sector and investments sectors.
- Experience in programmes/projects design, implementation and performance monitoring.
- A minimum of 10 Years Relevant Working Experience.
- Good Knowledge of Sustainable Development Issues
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- A strong understanding of Market Systems Development (MSD) and its application to climate smart agriculture value chains development, Agribusiness development and Green Growth;
- Experience working with national and county agriculture development agencies and organizations and other business support organizations including enterprises and accelerators;
- A thorough understanding of integration of gender, conflict, environment climate change and biodiversity issues in agriculture value chains and food systems development;
- An understanding of innovative financing instruments, such as challenge funds, guarantees, catalytic funding or similar and their application to inclusive economic development;
- A clear understanding of multidimensional poverty analysis principles as it relates to the Kenyan context;
- A thorough understanding of a Right-based approach as it relates to inclusive economic development and poverty issues in Kenya;
- Experience of working with Results-based Management.
- Dynamic team player able to work across relevant sectors and across different focus areas and take initiative as well as work independently.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Respect for cultural diversity, with the ability to fit into a diverse team and to establish networks.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills with good command of English.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiatives and work unsupervised.
- Ability to communicate, share knowledge and experiences, and cooperate easily with colleagues