- Manage a portfolio of projects and programmes and follow up on Swedish funded projects by, inter alia: Plan, assessing and approving funding applications, administer, follow up, preparing decisions/contracts and agreements reviewing and approving narrative, financial and audit reports;
- Support policy dialogue with relevant Government of Kenya ministries, development agencies, donors and relevant stakeholders in the sector, including drafting briefings, participating in technical and sectoral meetings, and drafting reports;
- Financial management, including follow up of disbursements and payments of contributions;
- Contribute to the development of Swedish strategies and policies for Kenya;
- Represent the Embassy of Sweden and actively participate in co-ordination for a program reviews, technical discussions, and field visits; and
- Build relationships and develop networks through interaction and continuous dialogue with relevant bilateral, multilateral, and sectoral actors.
- Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Trade, Business, Agribusiness, Markets Development or other equivalent academic background;
- Previous experience in the Development arena working with Trade, Finance, Markets Development, Productive Employment, or related areas;
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in the above areas;
- Previous experience working with innovative financing instruments, such a challenge funds, guarantees or similar;
- Demonstrable understanding of national, regional and international trade and market development;
- Knowledge of Kenyan institutional, policy, and legal framework for trade, financial markets and services, private sector and investments;
- Experience in programmes/projects design, implementation and performance monitoring; and
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- A strong understanding of Market Systems Development (MSD) and its integrated application in development of Trade, Green Growth, Agribusiness, Renewable Energy, Innovative Financing, and digitization;
- An understanding of multidimensional poverty analysis principles;
- Experience working with private sector development including enterprises, accelerators, national trade promotion organizations, and/or other business support organizations;
- Knowledge of the Kenyan institutional structures, key actors, development strategies, in relation to trade, financial services sector, markets development, agribusiness, and green growth;
- An understanding of Business and Human Rights as well as a Right-based approach as it relates to inclusive economic development; and
- Experience of working with Results-based Management.
- Dynamic team player able to work across relevant sectors and across different focus areas and take initiative as well as work independently.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Respect for cultural diversity, with the ability to fit into a diverse team and to establish networks.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills with good command of English.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiatives and work unsupervised.
- Ability to communicate, share knowledge and experiences, and cooperate easily with colleagues