- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of different aspects of stakeholder engagement. Ability to address a range of issues in the context of policy developments, public attitudes and local conditions. Ability to conceptualize, design and implement stakeholder engagement strategies. Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in science, management, law, communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in project or programme management, stakeholder engagement is required.
- Experience in project management, contracting with partners, and supervising them is required.
- Experience in drafting official reports and documents is required.
- Experience with crafting and leading advocacy activities aimed at policy influence and adoption at the international level is desirable.
- Experience working in an international organization similar to the United Nations is desirable.
- Experience in planning and organizing events and/or conferences is desirable.
- Experience in designing and conducting training programs and drafting terms of reference, and supervision is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.