The incumbent will provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with MOH CHMT and SCHMT teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of HIV TB service delivery activities at facility level including facility work planning and target setting, performance reviews, support supervision, technical support, SIMS activities and reporting. The Program Officer will provide representation for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project at facility, sub-county and county HIV TB related technical forums and meetings as may be called upon. The Program Officers HIV Integration will be based in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties and will report to the Technical Advisor as assigned.
- Provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of the HIV TB service delivery component of the project at facility, sub-county and county level.
- In consultation with Technical Advisor/s, monitor implementation of costed project work-plans at facility, sub-county, and county levels.
- Champion use of evidence-based interventions along the continuum of HIV care services by guiding adherence to the principles of continuous quality improvement through use of data, e.g., MER indicators, HFR indicators, MPRs and SIMS reports.
- Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
- Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes at facility, sub-county and county levels.
- In consultation with the Technical Advisor/s support preparation of monthly, quarterly, and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Technical Advisor/s in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual facility performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with S/CHMT.
- Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with S/CHMT.
- Provide technical support for implementation and utilization EMR at facility level.
- Participate in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with S/CHMT.
- Coordinate with S/CHMT on implementation of facility level HIV TB service delivery work plans.
- Represent the project in technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
- Participate in any other duties as assigned.
- Clinical Officer (or equivalent qualification) with an advanced diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing direct technical support in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences and/or MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Training on GBV minimum package of care for survivors
- Hands on clinical experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination.
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems and reporting tools including EMR systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Computer literacy
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to work with a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH on path.silkroad.com to apply