Requirement for appointment
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Senior Trade Development Officer, Job Group “L” and above;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; – Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Business management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, International Trade/ Business/Relations or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in initial drafting of policy documents, position and concept papers. Responding to county assembly questions; intra and inter communication between departments on trade related issues. Facilitating the settlement of trade disputes, and responding to public complaints on trade and customer care issues.
- Compiling and analyzing economic and trade related data;
- Disseminating business information to the business community;
- Facilitating trade promotion activities through trade fairs and exhibitions;
- Undertaking market profiling and market intelligence surveys for international trade development; and
- Providing consultancy and extension services on trade issues