The candidate will be expected to assist the BOHEMIA trial study pharmacist in all investigational medical product (IMP) related duties from storage, handling, dispensing and disposal as well as ensure proper handling and management of study documentation throughout. The pharmacist technician will report to the study pharmacist.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study protocols, goals and logistics required to conduct the clinical trial;
- Assist the pharmacist in IMP management including reception, storage and dispensing to clinical trial staff;
- Ensure IMP is dispensed to study participants and prepare prescriptions and accountability logs for all dispensed medicines;
- Update the dispensing and inventory logs under the supervision of the pharmacist;
- Support and promote the safe and ethical use of investigational drugs;
- Adhere to the standard operating procedures for the IMP management as per study protocol;
- Working professionally and ethically with competence, accountability, and integrity;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study pharmacist.
- Diploma in pharmacy from PPB accredited institution
- Must be enrolled with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
- Experience working in Kwale
- At least two years’ experience working in a clinical trial or research setting or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written communication skills, including project reporting, including using MS Word, Power point, and MS Excel
Terms of Employment
- Six (6) months renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade.