To meet this ambition, we have identified that we lack the capacity to deliver the necessary fundraising content and proposals suitable for P&P audiences, enabling us to deliver against Save the Children’s Global Strategic Goals. The Global P&P Team at SCI is tasked with supporting Save the Children’s members to build their P&P capacity and further diversify our international member income base. P&P therefore needs a highly capable proposal writer who can engage directly with other teams across SCI to deliver timely and high quality content and fundraising propositions for P&P donors and partners. Engaging directly with other fundraising and technical teams across SCI, including the Global Goal and the Communications and Engagement Teams. The proposal writer will create strong, high quality fundraising content and proposals, tailored for P&P audiences, which fundraisers will use to deliver the income needed to realise our ambition.
The Proposal Writer will:
- Create bespoke content for P&P fundraisers so we can bring compelling propositions to P&P prospects rapidly and responsively
- Actively seek and identify fundraising collateral that aligns with Save the Children’s strategic priorities, adapt if necessary, and distribute to P&P fundraising communities
- Work closely with the P&P Project and Content Manager to manage content storage so it is easily accessible by fundraisers across the movement.
- Adapt and produce fundraising toolkits and talking points for fundraisers in quick response to sudden-onset humanitarian crises, in coordination with other teams
- Coordinate with other content producers across the movement, including SCI Centre, Save the Children UK and US, to collate and distribute the best content, and prevent duplication of effort
- Work with fundraising leads and programme teams to create bespoke, compelling propositions for very high level prospects at $1 million+ level.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A deep understanding of Corporate and Philanthropy fundraising, donor motivations for giving and the different content requirements from different donor audiences
- Excellent written and presentation skills and confident ability to deliver verbal and written proposals up to CEO level
- Track record of producing high quality fundraising proposals that have secured gifts at $100,000+ level
- Up to date knowledge of best practice and innovation in fundraising content for corporate and philanthropy audiences within the sector
- Experience of delivering high quality content within a large, complex organisation with multiple stakeholders, preferably in an international development charity or similar
- Acts without guidance on a frequent basis, limited oversight required
- A proven team player. Someone who is open and who is able and willing to deliver beyond his or her personal brief
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departmental boundaries internally and externally to achieve shared organisational goals
- A strategic thinker who is able prioritise and balance a busy work load
- High fluency in written and spoken English essential and second language of Member country ideally.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children on kenya.savethechildren.net to apply