To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate
- levels through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the CoD from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, Achievement and attendance.
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high quality curriculum.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants.
- Contribute and participate in the development in the departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate learning techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students;
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University-wide meetings with other staff members;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Must possess an earned Masters Degree in Procurement from a recognized university or any other relevant learning institution.
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience at University level
- Be registered with a relevant professional body.
- Should have published at least 2 peer reviewed articles in distinguished academic journals
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of your email should read the position
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,