The core responsibilities of this position
- Receive assigned food referrals in the database, create interventions, and schedule deliveries;
- Generate and prepare lists of clients in the food program and determine the food quantities needed per location;
- Create food orders and submit them to the Social Work Program Manager for approval;
- Update the shared monthly schedule indicating the support needed for food distribution;
- Communicate with clients in the food program to ensure they are aware of the support they are entitled to; when and how they will receive the food program support; how to raise queries or complaints, and any other communication needs that may come up related to the food program;
- Jointly with an Admin representative; verify that the delivered food is of good quality and meets the specifications in the order;
- Receive the food items from the Admin representative and issue to the clients. Hand over to the Admin representative any balance of items at the end of the distribution in each location;
- Ensure that each recipient signs on the hard copy list and digitally on TaroWorks. Sync the data after distributing in each location;
- Take stock of the food distribution exercise and note the emerging issues. Resolve what can be addressed on-site while keeping the Social Work Program Manager in the loop.
Record keeping and reporting
- Create and maintain physical food distribution records fully signed by clients at each distribution for all locations;
- Update the electronic database records to ensure all activity is captured, including case notes and delivery records with food case notes on distribution anomalies that may affect households;
- In conjunction with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting team, carry out monthly reconciliations of database records to ensure that all records tally with the procurement and physical distribution records;
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual activity reports and share these with the Social Work Program Manager.
- In conjunction with the Social Work Program Manager & other members of the urban team, organize dialogue sessions with program recipients to increase their knowledge and understanding of nutrition needs, and proper food handling;
- Work with the Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Manager as well as the Social Work Program Manager to design and implement regular surveys to determine the nutritional value of the food basket provided by RefugePoint and capture client feedback and wishes;
- Identify gaps in the food program processes, make recommendations, and escalate promptly;
- In consultation with the Social Work Program Manager, review and update the food program guidelines & standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Participate in periodic market surveys of the food basket and provide feedback to the Social Work Program Manager;
- Provide regular feedback to the Social Work Program Manager and the procurement team on the quality of the food delivered as well as all feedback provided by program recipients.
- Attend to other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another related field with at least two years of experience in stores and inventory management OR
- Diploma in Business Administration with at least three years of experience in stores and inventory management OR
- Degree in Social Work or related field with at least two years of experience in psychosocial programs
- Experience with databases and data software;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in warehouse operations, supply chain management, procurement, and logistics.
- Experience working with refugees and host communities.
- Experience in implementing food programs.
- Experience working with the Salesforce database.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Recent Police Clearance Certificate