PATH is currently seeking a temporary Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer for the USAID-funded MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale) Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity project. JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc, (JSI) leads the global project, implementing in collaboration with a consortium of technical partners including PATH. MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity is a consortium of global leaders transforming immunization by applying innovations and best practices in integrated management and service delivery, health systems strengthening, financing, data and learning, social and behavior change, strategic partnerships, gender, and human-centered design. Led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., the consortium, which includes PATH, Accenture Development Partnerships, Results for Development, CORE Group, and The Manoff Group, collaborates with local partners to improve immunization outcomes and builds on the accomplishments and learnings.
The Kenya temporary MEL Officer will lead the collection, management, analysis and use of project performance monitoring data in line with the project Performance Monitoring Plan in order to continually identify areas for improved program design and implementation. In close collaboration with county-level project immunization leads (Homa Bay and Vihiga), the temporary MEL Officer will provide technical assistance for county and sub-county recording, management, and use of routine immunization data. The temporary MEL Officer will support the generation and documentation of project learning, including through studies, evaluations, and the project learning agenda.
The timeline is 7 months, from March 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023.
Activities and Scope of Work:
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Implement data collection systems and mechanisms to monitor the indicators defined in the project’s performance monitoring plan.
- Export and process immunization coverage data from KDHIS-2.
- Report all project indicator data into the project’s central M&E database.
- Contribute to quarterly reports to the donor.
- Lead project data review meetings to identify performance trends and support the project team to identify areas for improvement or adaptation.
- Support the integration of adaptive learning approaches into routine project processes, such as regular pause and reflect meetings, data review meetings, and the use of continuous quality improvement processes.
- Provide technical assistance and quality assurance of sub-grantees’ indicator data and reporting requirements.
- Work with Ministry partners in project counties to build capacity on immunization data collection, data entry and analysis, and use.
- Support project staff in counties to strengthen regular data validation meetings (reviews) in the counties and sub-counties
- Lead or support research, learning, or evaluation activities through the development of study protocols, data collection tools, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
- Document lessons learned in the implementation of activities.
- Contribute to the sharing of good practices in the implementation of immunization activities in the counties by following and highlighting successful examples through “success stories.”
- Monthly Excel files of select DHIS2 immunization indicators exported from DHIS2 for M-RITE facilities according to project requirements
- Bi-weekly data review slides to be presented to USAID
- Research protocol and data collection tools for an evaluation of project strategies, topic to be determined with project team
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics, computer science, social sciences or equivalent; masters degree preferred
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in a similar position in monitoring and evaluation and health information management.
- Experience in the use of the national health information system KDHIS2
- Skilled in data quality assurance methods and data analysis
- Experience in data visualization and use, including demonstrated ability to interpret data and recommend programmatic actions to take
- Experience implementing research or evaluations, including experience conducting qualitative research
- Experience in coaching, supervision, or building capacity in data entry, management, and use
- Experience with immunization programs, including immunization data, at the sub-national level
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written communication
- Willing to travel within Kenya
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH on path.silkroad.com to apply