Old Mutual Kenya is seeking a highly motivated and experienced MIMO Manager to oversee the Money In Money Out function in the organization. As the MIMO Manager, you will be responsible for managing and supervising staff, developing and implementing MIMO strategy, and ensuring efficient and seamless customer experience. You will also be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records, managing cash flow, and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the Money In Money Out (MIMO) Function in the organization through supervised staff.
- Develop and implement the MIMO strategy and contribute to the implementation of the overall Finance Operations strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining continuous, complete, and accurate accounting records for trail and audit purposes.
- Manage and maintain the receipting and allocation of transactions, payments, health provider reconciliations, supplier reconciliations, bank reconciliations, control accounts reconciliations, and balance sheet substantiation of transactions emanating from MIMO activities.
- Responsible for all payments (claims, Medical providers, suppliers, commissions, staff, statutory, taxes etc), for the group i.e. client and shareholder related payments.
- Proactive open batch management to ensure all journals are posted before month-end closure.
- Robust and prudent cash flow management through establishing business cash requirements and investment of surplus funds to ensure optimal liquidity management.
- Accountable for Treasury Operations i.e. Liquidity management, yield enhancement, suspense accounts management, bank reconciliations, asset reconciliations, Treasury control accounts reconciliations, bank mandates, and bank relationship management.
- Manage the Premium Collection activities in ensuring that the process is done efficiently i.e. affordability, cancellations/stoppages, submissions, collections, and allocations to the client accounts.
- Ensure that the re-assurance Claim recoveries are done and same allocated to the relevant Ledgers within the system for the purpose of reporting.
- Responsible for Balance sheet substantiation of the MIMO ledgers through timely and accurate posting of transactions to the general ledgers and control accounts reconciliations of MIMO ledgers.
- Custodian of MIMO policies and procedures and promoting adherence to company values within the team.
- Development and implementation of MIMO MIS and dashboards to measure service delivery and team performance.
- Management of the MIMO team to create a high-performance culture.
- Improve internal controls and de-risk the MIMO environment to minimize operational loss.
- Maintain zero unsatisfactory audits status by putting in place sufficient mitigation action-plans to minimize MIMO risks and clearance of all audit management letter items.
- Risk management in MIMO Function.
- Liaison with auditors on MIMO matters and implementation of the management letter items relating to MIMO.
- Represents MIMO on business projects.
- Continuous engagement with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that proper financial records are maintained and opportunities to enhance business relationships are harnessed.
- Talent growth, staff motivation, creation of appropriate culture, staff development, succession planning and mobility of staff within MIMO.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Professional qualifications in accounting such as CPA, ACCA, or equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a financial management role, with a strong background in MIMO operations, treasury management, and financial operations.
- Knowledge of banking relationships, operational strategies, reconciliations, and risk management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of achieving results and meeting targets.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of financial software