Roles & responsibilities:
The trainers will report to the Heads of the respective departments and will be responsible to:
- Instruct trainees in the specific course(s)/units in adherence to the respective curriculum and occupational standards;
- Plan, conduct and mark practicals in the course units assigned;
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and give lecture notes;
- Prepare internal exams and conduct validation of the exams;
- Carry out continuous assessment;
- Supervise and assess trainee(s) in the course area;
- Prepare trainees for external exams by providing practical technical skills as required for effective competency acquisition;
- Carry out examination and competence-based assessment.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- Must be a holder of a Degree/Diploma in the relevant technical area from a recognized institution;
- Holder of a Certificate in Pedagogy (Teaching Strategies);
- Holders of Bachelors/Diploma in Commerce, IT, Communication, Mathematics may be considered to teach basic units across all the programmes.
- Must a good knowledge and expertise in theory and practical relevant to the area of training;
- Demonstrate relevant teaching experience of at least one (1) year;
- Registered by Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) as a Trainer;
- Knowledge of KNEC/CDACC examination procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
Method of Application
Interested, send your email application to email@example.com and have “TVET Part-time Trainers” in the subject line. Attach a motivation letter and CV ONLY. Deadline for submission: 7th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: All part-time appointments are contingent upon sufficient enrollment, programmatic need and available resources