The job holder is responsible to provide oversight, lead the planning and conduct of operational audits at SBM Bank.
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities for operational audits.
- Regularly identify processes with key risk within branches, Xpress outlets and business operations in order to express an overall opinion on the organization’s risk management, control and governance arrangements.
Internal Audit and Continuous Improvement
- Promote dialogue and input from auditees with respect to the audit area, associated risks and areas of focus.
- Prepare accurate and strategic Board, Group and Executive Reports as required highlighting key focus areas within operations.
Operations and Sustainability
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls within operations, adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for all audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement.
- To follow up on closure through the branch audit staff and full implementation of outstanding audit issues. In liaison with Regional Managers, Head of Branches and Risk & Compliance Departments to confirm full support is provided to branches and Xpress units in implementing remedial actions
- Coach, develop and mentor team members in all aspects of the audit methodology also ensuring they are equipped with modern skills and tools.
- Review performance management of audit team guiding them on effectiveness and conformance to professional standards.
Direct Reports To this Position
- Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
- Senior Officer, Internal Audit
Customers of this Position
- Director, Internal Audit
- Other IA Staff
- Director, Operations
- Other Heads, Unit Managers as per the audit universe
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Extensive Industry banking practice and products & services.
- Internal Audit Professional Standards – International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Working knowledge of audit management systems and data analytics tools.
Job Knowledge & Experience:
- 6 years overall experience and out of which at least one (1) year should be at supervisory level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Relevant Professional Qualification.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Skills & Competences:
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Problem identification and solution skills.
- Ability to promote the value of internal audit.
- Able to effectively coach, mentor and develop staff in areas of expertise.
- Presenting and communicating information (including oral, written, report writing and presentations).
- Persuading and Influencing.
- Initiating Action.
- Planning and Organizing.