In this role, you will provide legal advice and strategic counsel within a broad scope of areas including: HR policies and procedures; employment contracts; workers compensation; labour relations; dependent and independent contractor relationships; litigation management; privacy matters; digital applications with respect to employment matters; employee discipline; terminations of employment; employment standards; human rights; immigration, occupational health and safety.
Although the primary focus of this position will be focused on employment related matters, other duties and responsibilities may include advising on, and drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts, including vendor contracts, NDAs and those related to IT and digital products or services.
- 5+ years of experience in employment and labour law
- Preference for those having worked both in-house and in private practice
- Outstanding analytical, drafting, communication and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated practical approach to managing and resolving workplace issues
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of the application of IT and digital platforms in the workplace
- Ability to work collaboratively across various legal and business teams
- Effectively manage relationships with external counsel
- Member in good standing with the Kenyan Law Society