This is a university teaching/research position. The appointment is either on Permanent and Pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants must have:
An earned PHD or equivalent degree qualification in Special Needs or its equivalent from accredited and recognized University
The candidate should:
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies
- Have evidence of contribution to University/Research Institution through activities such as participation in Departmental management, students’ academic /research advising, school or University/Institutional meetings, committee membership and related matters
- Demonstrate community involvement (eg. Member of BOG, SMC etc).
Applicants should demonstrate
- Teach/conduct research and supervise students and/or staff
- Design and develop academic programmes and curriculum
- Should have published at least two (2) publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Teaching and learning responsibilities
- Digital and manual processing of examinations to ensure integrity in the grading of students
- Guidance and counseling of students in order to provide psychosocial support to enable them to improve their performance, to instill professional values and encourage confidence to work in the industry
- Administrative work such as consulting with students in order to mentor to create awareness of industry, enhance academic performance and ensure proper career selection
- Use listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning students and provide support to foster mental stability required for good performance
- Respond to pedagogical and practical challenges for efficient running of the department and institution
- Regular contact liaison with students to teach and provide support
- Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on academic content and on the assessment of students work to ensure quality of teaching
Method of Application
Benefits for the above positions include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependents, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other
regular allowances as determined by SRC. Applications should include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of
relevant certificates and testimonials.
Applications and letters of recommendation from referees should be addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Candidates with foreign qualifications MUST submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission of University Education (CUE). The deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday 22nd March 2023. Applications received
later than this date will not be considered