We are seeking a talented and motivated Engineering Manager to lead a globally distributed team of software engineers in building Kubernetes offerings. The ideal candidate will be passionate about software development and have a strong track record of developing and growing people. This role requires experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs, setting and managing expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders, and advocating and advancing modern, agile software development practices.
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Develop talent through coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Participate in strong engineering process through code and architectural review
- Engage with teams at Canonical, the open source community and commercial partners
- Oversee the quality, and engineering practices of a large team of software engineers building Kubernetes offerings.
- Work from home with global travel for 4 to 6 weeks per year for internal and external events
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Some experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers
- Focused on success and the delivery of timely, high-quality software
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- Understanding of modern Linux, Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Practical experience with cloud technologies and containers
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the official website of Canonical on boards.greenhouse.io.