Requirements for Appointment:-
- A Kenyan Citizen;
- Certificate in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Enrolled Nurse, Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nurse, Kenya Enrolled Midwife, Kenya Enrolled Psychiatric Nurse or Enrolled Nurse/Midwife from a recognized training institution;
- Enrolment Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs;
- Planning and implementing nursing care interventions based on patients’/clients’ health needs; providing appropriate healthcare service, including immunization, ante-natal care, delivery, referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients preparing individualized reports;
- Making appropriate discharge plan for patients; conducting assessment of school health needs;
- Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports; maintaining records on patients/clients personal and health condition/care;’
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
- Ensuring safe custody for in-patients belongings;
- Conducting home visits, following up discharged patients/clients and providing continuity of care; and
- Treating minor ailments.