JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for periodic reviews of operational service providers. Escalate issues on deviation of service level agreements with the third-party providers.
- Report on repeated service breaches to the IT Management team, against defined SLAs and other contractual agreements.
- Produce incident reports, facilitate post incident reviews.
- Provide technical documentation services such as template creations, data collation, knowledge repository and other documentations needed such as the following, including keeping it up to date.
- Reports (Team KPIs, Product KPI)
- How tos
- Product APIs
- Process Documentation / Presentation
- Roadmaps (IT Ops Initiatives, Team Training etc)
- Prepare analysis, interpretation and recommendation of the teams KPI reports with guidance & feedback from ITOPS team’s management
- Make recommendations to the Service Delivery Manager of translating repeated non-standard requests into a potential new service offering.
- Assist with the technical delivery of infrastructure components.
- Work and tasks may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such changes are a common occurrence in the ever-evolving IT Operations department. All employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities required by the IT Operations management team, which reasonably corresponds to the general character of the Service Delivery role and their level of responsibility.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Junior IT Roles (more than 3 year and up of experience)
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, Google Slide applications is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience in processes such as incident, problem and project management.
- Demonstrable experience of explaining technical issues to varied audiences technical and non-technical.
- Ideally has experience of working in the frontline, both technical and support role, or technical service desk/operations environment.
- Ability to plan and execute basic analysis and/or investigation, with supporting guidance
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Demonstrates a professional and specialist culture, with a focus on accuracy of output
- Demonstrates competence across all basic analytical and/or investigative areas and is developing specialist skills
- Offers advice underpinned by professional knowledge.
- Identifies and interprets a range of information to make judgements.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized.
- Above average analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to meet established deadlines.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Honesty and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Flexi-Personnel on ats.flexi-personnel.com to apply