JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Human Resource Manager to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Partners with the other business leaders to ensure standard HR systems, processes, policies, procedures, plans, and programs are in place and effectively utilized (compensation, employee relations, staffing, performance management, etc.)
- Establishes timely and appropriate Operating Agreements/SLAs with service providers.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Applies and tracks key performance metrics through an established scorecard to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery and alignment to achieve business strategy and goals.
- Compliance with all labor law, Occupational Safety and Health, and other statutory requirements
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure Performance and Talent Management drive the achievement of business goals through objective and development plan setting, performance appraisals, and talent development.
- Promote and foster a culture and environment that is productive, open, empowering, safe, and equitable and coach others to behave and make decisions in line with the core values.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of HR, Business Administration or Law
- MBA in the same field is an added advantage
- Professional Accreditation is preferred
- 10+ years in Human Resource Management
- 2+ years in the service industry is preferred.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Proficiency in Core HR Skill Areas: HR Planning & forecasting, Talent acquisition and development, OD & Change, Reward Management, Employee Relations,
- Sound understanding of Local labor/employment laws,
- Proficiency in Organization Effectiveness Practice Areas: Integrated Talent Strategies Development/Implementation, Change Planning/Management, Capability Development, Human Capital Management, Organization Design, Performance Management/Culture Change, and Team Effectiveness
- Proficiency in consulting, coaching, strategic solution development, facilitation, and design, influencing skills.
- Business Acumen (understanding of the business, performance drivers, and long-term direction)
- Understanding Financial & Non-Financial Business results, & the HR / People impact.