- Proactively engaging with the candidate after the offer is signed.
- Tracking onboarding tasks which includes new hire communications, data collection and management, compliance acknowledgements, and orientations.
- Support new hire orientation
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned to include improving processes and procedures
- Creating policies and handbooks that detail company operations.
- Emailing new hires with details about the company, including parking information and work schedules
- Welcoming new hires with prepared onboarding kits and an office tour.
- Introducing new hires to their team members.
- Ensuring new hires have the necessary technical assistance to set up their hardware and software.
- Gathering and filing all paperwork related to new hires, including contracts and bio data
- Conducting exit interviews with departing employees to learn about their reasons for leaving the company
- Two plus years of HR Coordination/Specialist experience required
- Experience in a customer service environment with demonstrable experience in active listening and problem-solving skills
- Experience in HR concepts and Employment laws and regulations a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to work under limited direction with sound sense of accountability and aim for results
- Provides outstanding customer service by consistently going above and beyond in building trust and respect among customers.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees and external parties
- An effective communicator
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Excel a must)
- Confidentiality and sensitive information handling skills.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented with the ability to shift priorities as needed
- Workday, Cornerstone experience a plus