JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
We are one of the leading Human Resource Companies in Africa providing talent solutions across the region with diverse experience working with cross-cultural teams and organizations. We are looking for a HR Consultant to join our great team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop the HR manuals/policies for clients in collaboration with your HR supervisor on a need basis.
- Develop/revise JDs, employee contracts and Induction programs for client companies.
- Develop and revise performance management systems for clients.
- Handle talent acquisition processes while upselling psychometric tests.
- Conduct Salary surveys for clients as per the agreed company standards.
- Conduct Job Evaluations and have capability to implement at least two JE methods.
- Perform HR Audits for clients to ascertain legal exposure and identify compliance gaps with current Employee and labour legislation.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and Develop relevant training and skills schedule for clients as and when required.
- Perform Change management assignments.
- Develop Labour law and Industrial Relations policies for clients as and when needed.
- Set up HR Departments for clients as per the company guidelines.
- Take lead in supporting HR automation projects by developing standard operation procedures for the HR Modules of Recruitment, Employee Data, Performance management, Benefits etc.
- Conduct Disciplinary hearing sessions within the law while adhering to the required standards.
- Manage labour within the employment law to mitigate legal exposure.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and Develop relevant training and skills schedule.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Human Resource at a Senior Level.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in human resource management.
- Holds a Higher Diploma in Human Resource or CHRP
- Must be an active member of IHRM in good standing.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication (oral/writing) and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Attention to details.
- Good negotiation and ability to think critically.
- People management skills
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, market environment and regulatory framework.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Honesty and integrity.