Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carrying market study for fleet sales and preparation of business plans
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Develop and implement driver recruitment and training program.
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of vehicles/fleets.
- Ensuring all drivers and operators has the required qualification and skills.
- Ensuring compliance with fleet statutory compliances of the country’s regulations.
- Ensuring daily/periodical inspection of vehicles.
- Ensuring quick turnaround and optimum utilization of feet.
- Identify new revenue streams / Opportunities in business.
- Implement delivery documentation process.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Maintaining critical spares at all times.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure that work is completed and is consistent with the company’s standards.
- Preparation of CAPEX and review of the budget with the team for achieving the agreed P&L.
- Promoting a safe work environment by conducting safety audits and attending company safety meetings.
- Recruiting and developing the team for smooth operations of the business.
- Reducing the risk of vehicle overloading.
- Review the performance of the business and take corrective actions.
- Selection of sub-contractors based on the need of the business.
- Timely submission of Management reports.
- Making sure fleet/vehicles are properly maintained and available for business at any given time.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Automotive or Mechanical engineering
- MBA in logistics or related field,
- 15+ years of experience in a transport / flee management company out of which the last 5 years o as head of the business