Duties and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of enforcement and security practices and strategies
- Planning, coordination and administration of county enforcement service division
- Implement, monitor and evaluate training and development programmes for enforcement officers
- Carrying out risk and audit assessment for the County Government security and enforcement systems.
- Liaise with relevant security service agencies to ensure relevant enforcement services are implemented
- Manage and supervise enforcement service function including welfare and discipline of County enforcement staff in close consultation with other relevant supervisory offices in the Department.
- Coordination of related work on enforcement related issues and prepares reports for consideration by relevant county organs and supervisory offices.
- Enforcement of County laws and regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Performing and other duties assigned from time to time
Requirements for appointment
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, Psychology, Sociology or any other related Social Science from a recognized University.
- Have served for a period of at least ten (10) years in a relevant and comparable field in the Public Service, three years of which must have been in a senior management position in the Kenya Police Service, Prisons Service,Kenya Wildlife Service or Kenya Defense Force at a Rank of Senior Management and above;
- Leadership course from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate high integrity, good communication skills, interpersonal relationship and be a team player;
- Meet the requirement prescribed in Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Homa-Bay County Public Service Board on www.homabay.go.ke to apply