Fraud Detection Analyst is responsible for monitoring transactions, accounting paperwork, and operation activities with an aim to identify any fraudulent and suspicious activities within an organization.
- Gather intelligence from relevant sources regarding the fraud trends in the industry and known fraudsters.
- Continuously scan transactions to establish whether the fraud trends discovered and the fraudsters have gain a foothold in Britam.
- Identify fraud patterns through the monitoring of high-risk transactions and review of exception reports.
- Maintain a black list data based on intelligence gathered from external sources and the investigations we have conducted.
- Compile known fraud red flags and research on more that would be applicable in the various areas of operations in Britam.
- Establish data sources required to test for indicators of fraud.
- Perform relevant analytical techniques required to detect occurrence of fraud and maintain a library of analytical tests.
- Recommend improvements in the data that is captured to aid in fraud prevention.
- Support forensic investigations into cases of suspected fraud through data analytics.
- Provide support to the Operational and Business units of the organization on fraud related matters.
- Regularly prepare reports and updates on the fraud landscape to the Board committee.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of fraud situation in the industry.
- Actively participate in team meetings; share information and make suggestions for improvements to fraud operations.
- Conduct fraud awareness campaigns for the group.
- Prepare and submit forensic reports on assignments taken.
- Updating fraud database and preparing monthly statistical reports.
- Delegated authority as per the approved delegated authority matrix.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or any relevant field.
- Certification in Data science or Data analytics tools such as Caseware IDEA, Alteryx, Qlik Sense.
- CPA (K) /CFA, CFE is an added advantage.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- 4-6 years proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of audit procedures.
- Common Laws on fraud, corruption and bribery.
- Computer applications.
- Use of forensic tools.
- Report writing-ability to develop reports.
- Decision making – ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
- High moral and ethical standing.
- Highly motivated.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Team Leaders in Britam need to:
- Operationally lead a team to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit.
- Ensure the company’s objectives are met by being a vision carrier and by implementing strategy and operational outputs.
- Effectively run the business and manage staff in order to enable functional leaders to focus on developing strategy.
- Effectively identify and define key performance areas, deadlines and goals for their team in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Ensure the department has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, effective selection and optimized succession planning.
- Create a high performance, proactive culture and motivated team.
- Monitor operational implementation, budgets, plans, goals and outputs in order to ensure alignment with the departmental strategy.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Benchmark operational activities internally as well as externally in order to be a leader in the industry.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Adequately manage operational risk.