Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/ She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the intern shall learn to:
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and always organized.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel-initiated trainings scheduled.
- Carry out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Adhere to hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP in addition to other policies and procedures.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Degree/ Diploma in Food and Beverage service from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (Even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.