With the support and under the supervision of the Senior finance officer, general financial duties in the Nairobi office in Kenya under the direction of Finance & admin Coordinator in collaboration with the senior finance officer. He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Specific Job Descriptions:
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Verify that receipts/invoices are correctly filled and are eligible for payment
- Prepare Payment vouchers to be attached to the payments ensuring the correct donors and budget lines have been correctly charged
- Ensure all payments made are duly stamped paid
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way and according to Tdh procedures and make scans of the same when required
- Collaborate in the preparation of documents for financial/annual audits.
Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Senior finance officer that are compatible with the job.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and
Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of
transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution Or CPA 2.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constructively on negative and positive points
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying