The candidate will be expected to support the data collection on local economic indicators to understand whether the health intervention may indirectly benefit the community’s livelihoods. The candidate will be based in the field, preferably in his/her village of residence and will be involved in health economic data collection
- Follow Study Specific Procedures (SSPs) in terms of administering Informed Consent Forms (ICFs), data collection, and household visits, among others.
- Make monthly visits to the study households in the field complying with the program and study goals.
- Establish good relationships with the study participants and proceed ethically and professionally during field activities.
- Administer ICFs and enrol study participants.
- Be part of the team of fieldworkers responsible for administering the questionnaires for the Health and Economics study of the BOHEMIA project.
- Be part of the team of fieldworkers responsible for administering the questionnaire and performing skin examination for the sub-study of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) of the BOHEMIA project.
- Keep an open communication with study coordinators to ensure fieldwork is done according to protocol and study goals are met, as well as to report on challenges encountered in the field and resolve anomalies detected in the data.
- KCSE certificate with mean grade D
- A certificate in any biomedical sciences will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in reading and writing in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to meet project objectives and deadlines and collect high quality data;
- Ability to use devices for electronic data capture;
- Good communication skills, flexibility, integrity and professionalism;
- Must be a Kwale resident preferably from Lunga Lunga or Msambweni Sub County and fluent in a Mijikenda language;
- Valid Motorcycle riding licence will an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with the community will be an added advantage;
- Experience with health or economic research or program will be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment
- Seven (7) months renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade