Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief, Evaluation Unit, UN-Habitat, the Evaluation Consultant will:
- Assess the design, implementation, and progress of the project in achieving its planned outcomes. This will entail analysis of actual versus planned results as specified in the results framework (logframe of the project).
- Assess appropriateness of implementation working modalities, use of project and organizational human and financial resources, and how they are contributing to achieving the planned results of the project.
- Identify opportunities and challenges faced by the project since its inception until date, that can be used to steer the project or restructure it if needed, to enhance its efficiency and effectiveness of its implementation.
- Assess how social inclusion issues of gender equality, youth, human rights as well as social and environmental safeguards are being integrated in the project; and assess the effects of Covid-19 pandemic on the project.
- Taking into account intended users of the evaluation, identify lessons learned and provide strategic, programmatic and process recommendations for improving the project for the remaining period.
- Advanced academic degree in Political Sciences, Communication, Information Technology, Urban Planning, Economics, Sociology or another relevant field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 years of project management experience in results-based management working with development projects/ programmes is required
- Extensive evaluation experience. The lead consultant should have the ability to present credible findings derived from evidence and prepare conclusions and recommendations supported by the findings is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of UN-Habitat mandate, operations and experience of regional/ multi-country projects is desired.
- Knowledge and experience of country programming is highly preferred
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required.