The purpose of the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action Advisor position is to:
- Support the implementation of the Environmental Stewardship Management Policy across the Partnership. This will involve building the Regions’ and Fields’ capability to resource and implement ESCA programming, reduce our environmental footprint and launch climate advocacy initiatives.
- Support Regional and Field offices to improve the integration of ESCA programming and build their capacity to do so.
- Contribute to the management of the ESCA Community of Practice and ESCA websites
- Contribute to WV’s global evidence agenda on ESCA and capturing evidence of impact in ESCA programs
- Support external engagement related to WV’s ESCA programming.
30% Support the implementation of Environment Stewardship Management Policy
- Ensure that WV’s Environment Stewardship Management Policy and other key external ESCA commitments are known across the Partnership.
- Monitor and track FO implementation of ESCA initiatives and report against relevant Global KPIs in close coordination with SRO.
- Work with the Green Teams and ESCA focal points to develop a simple action plan that covers all offices and programming and that can help to meet WV’s ESCA commitments.
- Nurture a community of practice at field and support office level that can help to implement environmental programming and that will take practical steps to reduce WV’s environmental footprint.
- Work with SRO and relevant internal stakeholders to implement pilot approaches to measure WV carbon footprint and subsequent measures to reduce impact.
30% Support the continual improvement of WV’s ESCA programming across the Partnership
- Provide technical guidance to FOs, ROs, SOs and GC teams when pursuing grants for ESCA
- With GFO and SOs, contribute to development of funding options for ESCA
- Provide support to FOs in design, monitoring and evaluation of ESCA programmes, in particular, Regreening Communities, and generate evidence of impact
- Work with Field Offices to identify gaps and opportunities for capacity building to strengthen ESCA programming.
- Plan, design and provide capacity building support to FOs on ESCA topics (including climate smart agriculture, natural resource management, circular economy) and project models including FMNR, Regreening Communities, Community-Based Disaster Management.
- Support Community of Practice webinar where existing sectors of WV and its core project models shows how they implement WVs ESCA commitment within their sector.
30% Lead knowledge management on ESCA
- Manage the ESCA Community of Practice, the ESCA page on wvcentral and the ESCA page on wvi.org
- Regularly update ESCA website with new communications material based on promising practice from WV’s ESCA programming
- Develop ESCA newsletter to be disseminated internally every quarter
- Organise webinars to promote learning and sharing among the ESCA Community of Practice.
- Organise regular ESCA Leadership Team Meetings
10% Support external engagement
- Contribute to the development of case studies, articles and blogs to be shared externally
- Support in the development of communication materials on WV’s ESCA work to be used in key global events and networks (i.e. Children in Changing Climate Coalition, UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration)
- Engage with peer agencies and networks related to WV’s ESCA work.