Specific Tasks And Responsibilities
Under the direct guidance of the Head of the SDG and Environment Statistics Unit, of the Capacity Development and Innovation Branch of the Early Warning and Assessment Division of UNEP, the consultant will;
- Monitor the progress of activities under the DA14 project on Statistics and Data and update the SDGs page on the WESR website.
- Consolidate materials and undertake logistics for the development of progress reports under the DA14 project on Statistics and Data.
- Prepares digital outputs as required, e.g. draft background papers, analyses, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Master’s degree in environmental science is required. Data science, information science or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in data analysis including experience with environmental SDG indicators data is required.
- English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.