The development and programs manager is responsible for the administration and overall coordination of fundraising functions of the hospital, which includes but is not limited to managing the existing CURE hospital donors, strategizing on new donor engagement, overseeing the implementation of donor-funded programs, marketing and branding and ensuring the Hospital is fully automated.
Donor requests and administration
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group, including individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc.
- Broaden the Hospital’s fundraising scope by researching, coordinating, and writing proposals to prospective donors.
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by the different donors per their reporting requirements.
- Create and implement donor development and cultivation strategies that will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base.
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices, and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the Finance Manager and Executive Director of items that would benefit the Hospital.
- Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer/ human resource sharing program.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board, or volunteers, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Offer support to the business development office in Identifying and pursuing new corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Come up with strategies for increasing patients number through mobilization and follow-up processes.
- Responsible for continuously enhancing the Hospital’s brand position
- Ensure all Hospital’s operations are of a high quality and continuous enhancement of
quality in all activities to ensure the Hospital meets and surpasses the patients’
needs. This is the critical foundation for enhancing the Hospital’s brand.
- Develop a strategy to market the Hospital using various marketing media (e.g., print,
digital, broadcast, and signage company profiles, leaflets, and updating relevant information on the hospital website, Facebook, and Twitter.) to increase awareness about the Hospital.
- Develop a strategy for developing and distributing/broadcasting documentaries on the
Hospital success stories and testimonials by recovered patients.
- Identify foundations/corporate social responsibility programs working in Kenya and
establish a strategy for working with them to support the Hospital activities.
- Aggressive marketing of the Hospital services by entering into marketing strategies/contracts with critical organizations that the Hospital can provide orthopedic care
- Review the implementation of the mobile clinics’ programs to make it a gateway for private patients and bring in the general patients.
- Establish a working relationship with non-resident doctors to allow them to treat their patients at the facility.
- Ensure the Hospital’s marketing campaigns provide for broadcasting in the main media programs being run by international doctors.
- Organizing publicity events within the hospital, local community partnership events, and collaborating with relevant government agencies in arranging community awareness campaigns.
- Lobbying ministries and political leadership in assisting the hospital services and projects.
- Degree in Communication, Social Studies, Business Management/ Financeor related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Masters in a Business Related program will be an Added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years experience working in Resource Mobilisation; This can include Fundraising, Business/ Partnership Development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CURE International on cure.applytojob.com to apply