Requirements for Appointment
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director of Urban Development or in a comparable and relevant position in administration, housing and human settlements sector for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in Urban Planning and/or Urban management/Urban Development;
- A Masters will be an added advantage;
- He/She must be a Registered Planner of three or more years with the Physical Planners Registration Board;
- Must be a corporate member in good standing of a recognized professional society, (Kenya Institute of Planners (KIP), Town and County Planners Association of Kenya (TCPAK) or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planners Chapter) AAK(TP);
- Must have worked as a planner in a public office for a minimum of 5 years;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability in the line of duty; and
- Have certificate in computer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Director Urban Development and Management on all matters related to Urban Development, urban policy formulation and implementation.
- Responsible to the Director Urban Development and Management on for advising urban stakeholders on all matters related to urban development and servicers, investment partnerships and development control.
- Responsible to the Director Urban Development and Management for advising the County Executive Committee member on operationalization and coordination of the Urban Areas and Cities Act.
- Coordinate and oversee the urban public space design and management; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.