To provide exemplary strategic leadership in the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences that promotes excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and a high quality working environment for faculty and staff.
- Leading and coordinating the development and implementation of the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences strategic plan towards the achievement of the goals of the University’s strategic plan in a manner that promotes excellence in instruction, scholarly and creative productivity and service at the University.
- Providing strategic and visionary leadership and promoting inclusive governance to foster excellence in teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and public service through robust engagement with faculty, staff, and students.
- Effectively representing the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in university-wide planning and budgetary processes and implementing university-wide policies and decisions at the school level.
- Promoting strong communication within the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, in the university, and with external constituencies.
- Developing and managing the budget and fiscal affairs of the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, overseeing utilization of facilities, leading and encouraging fundraising to meet the school’s needs and goals of the departments and programs, and faculty and students.
- Cultivating and maintaining external engagements beneficial for student experiential learning and placement opportunities and faculty teaching and research, as well as in the outreach and public service efforts of the school.
- Managing the establishment, review, and assessment of the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences academic programs to ensure continuous improvement of student learning and success, faculty teaching and scholarship, and institutional effectiveness.
- Overseeing the appointment of faculty and staff, chairs of departments, and heads of centers and institutes in the School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences; undertaking performance reviews of school administrators in consultation with faculty and staff, and overseeing processes of employee evaluation, training, and retention.
- Evaluating overall School performance in teaching and learning, research, and service provision.
- Providing recommendations to the University administration regarding sabbaticals and other leaves for faculty and staff.
- PhD or Equivalent in any of the core areas of Pharmacy.
- At least the rank of an Associate Professor of Pharmacy.
- Must be registered in Kenya by the Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- Experience: Management experience of at least five (5) years as a head of a department, institute, or center in an academic or research institution.
- Illustration of sufficient academic networks and linkages at international level
- A graduate degree in management (MBA) will be an added advantage.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer skills
- Management skills
- Administrative and leadership experience preferably in an accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop relationships as well as partnerships within the University.
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience.
- Documented experience with budgets and personnel management.
- Strategic decisions
- Tactical Decisions
- Quality assurance
- Conflict resolution
Method of Application
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter current CV and Certificates, to the following address email@example.com Att: Director of Administration by 5.00pm, Monday, March 21, 2023. Please Indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of the email address.
United States International University – Africa
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya