The Data Engineering role will be within the Data & Analytics Unit in Strategy Division. Reporting to the Head of Data and Analytics, the role holder will leverage creativity, business intuition, excellent communication, analytics, problem solving skills, and data management skills to manage data sourcing and processing workflows, advanced analytics ETL processes, data profiling solutions and automation of Analytics deployments.
- Together with the Data Scientist, partner with business leaders to ensure an in-depth understanding of requirements and the data required to create advanced analytics solutions.
- Enable automation of advanced analytics solutions using data science algorithms and data structures associated with advanced analytics.
- Create and maintain data pipelines which will involve data sourcing, extraction, transformation, profiling, storage, updating, indexing and maintenance of the advanced analytics data platform.
- Develop and automate metrics, dashboards and reports that consistently monitor and show data governance initiative trends (e.g. data quality reports) through the implementation of guidelines, standards and best practices for data management.
- Process raw, structured and unstructured data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries etc.) into a form suitable for analysis then consolidate into a data platform for consumption by advanced analytics initiatives.
- Drive innovation through continuous re-engineering of data and advanced analytics jobs, extensive performance tuning and optimizing the application of data across all advanced analytics layers (acquisition, staging, profiling, cleansing, analysis, modelling, output).
- Work with Business customers to understand business requirements and implement data solutions with business owners through the development of key business questions and datasets that will be used to answer those questions.
- Help implement data management projects by working with key stakeholders (Technology and Business) and provide expert input, guidance, and feedback in such projects.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts to develop insights and data solutions.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation/manuals on configurations, setups and deployment of various advanced analytics solutions.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years in a Data Engineering (or BI Development) Role.
- Proficiency in SQL (Oracle PL/SQL), Python, Data Modelling, Warehousing and Wrangling Techniques.
- Experience in use of any ETL tool e.g., Oracle ODI/Microsoft SSIS/SAP Data services/Alteryx or any other tool.
- Experience in use of any Data Visualization tool such as OBIEE/Power BI/Tableau/SAP BI tools or any other tool.
- Experience in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and storing large datasets from various sources (relational databases, semi-structured data in text files, logs and unstructured data in pdf files, websites etc.) with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have good understanding of software development practices, python programming language (specifically data engineering and data science) and database programming using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with various data modeling techniques, data warehousing concepts and data management principles.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Data Visualization and ETL tools.
- Ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, influence others, work well individually and in a team environment.
- Must have a broad understanding of data governance concepts, data quality, data protection and privacy laws.